Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Failed to upgrade

Hola. Tengo este problema al actualizar mis datos. En power Bi desktop no me sale un error es solo al actualizar los datos en la nube.

{"error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthFailedToGetResourceIdError","pbi.error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthFailedToGetResourceIdError","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Tabla: Consulta Refi SQL.

Hi @Carlos_Villalva ,

According to the error message, please try to update the "Data source credentials". Changing the PRIVACY LEVEL FOR THIS DATA SOURCE to private, and deselecting Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery.

vyanjiangmsft_0-1681374394505.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Carlos_Villalva ,

According to the error message, please try to update the "Data source credentials". Changing the PRIVACY LEVEL FOR THIS DATA SOURCE to private, and deselecting Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery.

vyanjiangmsft_0-1681374394505.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Carlos_Villalva

I tried, but I still keep the mistake.

Also, the error gives me randomly of the tables I use

dbeavon3
Continued Contributor

I had a recent support case about DMTS_OAuthFailedToGetResourceIdError. I recommend that anyone encountering this should open a support case. There shouldn't be any "legitimate" reason for encountering the error, and it is almost certainly a Microsoft bug.

In many cases, it may be due to enabling SSO features on your underlying data source. The best way of avoiding problems is to AVOID enabling any fancy/fragile features and keep things as simple as possible.

In my case the outage lasted a whole week before the PG team was able to recover from this problem. There is a lot at stake, especially if your Power BI reports are mission-critical.

Below is an explanation from CSS. I'm not 100% certain how to understand this explanation of the bug, other than to point out that oauth refresh tokens weren't properly renewed. Power BI was only partially to blame, since a day-long outage of Azure SQL (in East US) probably exposed an underlying PBI bug that had previously remained hidden .

"we have checked internally for the Root cause of the issue and found that there was a bug where an s2s token is not being passed when creating a VNet gateway client for discovering the Oauth Resources and also the Refresh token was not getting renewed due to which this issue has occurred.

This prevents customers from refreshing their reports that point to a VNet gateway."