Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fabric Capacity Metrics not showing data

We've been following this blog (https://blog.fabric.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/capacity-metrics-in-microsoft-fabric) in order to study the capacity and the consumption being used in the fabric trial that we've enabled. However, when we get to the end, we're not seeing any data in Power BI but this error message: "[ccon]Internal Error: Error obtaining data location. [/ccon]. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface."

Error in Fabric Capacity MetricsError in Fabric Capacity Metrics

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi  @Lorelai 

It’s a known issue. The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  @Lorelai 

It’s a known issue. The engineers are actively working on this issue and I will come back with an update if there is any progress.

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi  @Lorelai 

This issue has been fixed , please check it in your Metrics .

Best Regards,

BethR
Regular Visitor

Hi @Lorelai ,

I'm still having this issue, except it's with our paid Fabric Capacity - not the trial. 

It started last week around Thanksgiving.

Do you know if they're still working on this?

Element115
Power Participant

@v-yetao1-msft I just uninstalled the Fabric Capacity Metrics, then re-installed it.  Now I get this error message--What's the solution?

Screenshot 2024-03-18 143443.jpg

T-Rez
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue for both my trial capacity and my paid capacity, has anyone solved this? (i've uninstalled and re-installed two days in a row, 2 times.) I tried playing with the parameters in the refresh section a bit to see if that would fix it but no luck.

T-Rez
Regular Visitor

I was using the subscription ID of the capacity(from azure portal) instead of the Capacity ID of the capacity (get this from the admin center in fabric). Once I corrected that parameter it worked.

jeffgmarino

If it helps anyone else... It's the GUID that looks like this Axxxxx5B-Cxxx-4B0t-8D92-489D2xxx2B6B (redacted).

In the Admin portal, go to Capacity Settings, then click on the name of the Trial capacity, or whatever other capacity name can be clicked on.

You'll then see options like Capacity Usage Report, Notifications, etc.  There's a gear on the right side of the page, click that.

You'll then see the Settings tab, will show a list of people under the Service Admin, you're username should be there.

Then at the bottom of this tab it will say SKU, Region, and Capacity ID. 

Copy the Capacity ID GUID, looks like this Axxxxx5B-Cxxx-4B0t-8D92-489D2xxx2B6B (redacted), and then paste that in the setup of the Capactity Metrics app.

After a few failed attempts, changing parameters, etc. I Removed the entire Workspace and then added the Metrics App anew.