Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Error When Trying to Refresh in Service w/ Postgres source

My dataset connects to a few different remote postgres servers. I used the postgres connector in desktop PBI rather than odbc. No issues with refreshing from desktop. I can't schedule refreshes in service because there is an error saying that my data source credentials are incorrect:

Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.

When I attempt to edit credentials I get the following error:

Failed to update data source credentials: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'No Such host is known'

These credentials are correct and the same that the desktop version uses successfully.

It also doesn't give me an option to use a gateway, because it says it is unnecessary:

You don't need a gateway for this dataset, because all of its data sources are in the cloud, but you can use a gateway for enhanced control over how you connect.

Any ideas?

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to resolve this by switching from the PBI built-in postgres connector to an ODBC connection, and then making sure that the privacy settings matched between desktop and service.