Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Enabling NativeDatabaseQuery option in Power BI

I'm having a dataflow created in my workspace and i'm trying to move it to another workspace using import model (Export.json file), with data having native query, While doing this i'm getting something like this 

ERROR:

invalid dataflow parameter value. Exception details: The allownativequeries attribute of the mashup is set to true for the dataflow definition. for security reasons, allownativequeries should be set to false on import( can be set to true after import from the powerBI service) please seeet allownativequeries to false and try again

I treid to change allownativequeries attribute in my exported json file to false and then imported it to my another workspace, now what happens is my data is empty, because the native query attribute is set to false

This is my sample json where i enabled allownativequeries to false

{
"name": "Native _query",
"description": "",
"version": "1.0",
"culture": "en-GB",
"modifiedTime": "2023-05-02T08:56:12.9249656+00:00",
"ppdf:outputFileFormat": "csv",
"pbi:mashup": {
"fastCombine": false,
"allowNativeQueries": false,
"skipAutomaticHeaderAndTypeDetection": false,
"queriesMetadata": {
"Query": {
"queryId": "c090e6d9-82f2-4b54-9b6e-6b5a0f640e1a",
"queryName": "Query",
"loadEnabled": true
},
"Query (2)": {
"queryId": "ac96f7cb-b93c-4ca4-8b7b-1881cbaf39be",
"queryName": "Query (2)",
"loadEnabled": true
}
},

How can i enable NativeDatabaseQuery option to TRUE in powerBI without actually changing in the json file?

(Because the condition must be set to True in order to get the native query data )

Hi @MahasriSwetha ,

You may follow the steps in the offical article to see if it helps.

Query folding on native queries - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

For scenarios where you get errors because query folding wasn't possible, it is recommended that you try validating your steps as a subquery of your original native query to check if there might be any syntax or context conflicts.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @MahasriSwetha ,

You may follow the steps in the offical article to see if it helps.

Query folding on native queries - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

For scenarios where you get errors because query folding wasn't possible, it is recommended that you try validating your steps as a subquery of your original native query to check if there might be any syntax or context conflicts.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

MahasriSwetha

The issue is arrising in DataFlow, what is the settings option in Dataflow to enable nativeDatabaseQuery

DiKi-I
Helper III

open the dataflow exported json file in notepad then search for nativequery and mark it as false and then try to import it in in the service. It worked for me.

DiKiI_0-1713266015324.png