Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DuplicateTableNameException

Good morning - 

I'm working with DataMarts and for some reason I started getting the following error in PowerQuery (online) which is preventing my data from finishing loading and preventing me from making additional edits in Power Query.  

DuplicateTableNameException

• ErrorMessageDuplicate table name '<ccon>TABLENAME</ccon>' in etl and view.
  • HttpStatusCode400
  • Activity ID
  • Request ID
  • Status code500
  • Error CodeDuplicateTableNameException

I do not have two queries/tables with the same name, and I'm not sure what could be causing this.  I AM using several reference queries where if the original query is called "TABLENAME", then I have called the reference query "TABLENAME_REFERENCE".  I'm not sure if this is related or conincidential.  

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently stuck, unable to continuing to use Power Query with my Datamart becuase my Data Load always fails at this spot.  

Hi @cdizzle 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @cdizzle 

What are you doing when you encounter this error?

Best Regards,

cdizzle
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft Any change that I make in power query, and then save, seems to cause this error. The latest change I made was to turn off "enable load" for one of the queries that I referenced. Even undoing that change did not change the fact that I still received the error. The change seems to be caused by going into power query making any change at all and then clicking save. The error occurs in the data load phase of saving

cdizzle
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft  - I've done a little more investigation and here is some background and my findings:

1. I created several reference tables in my model.  Everything I referenced was a dataflow that is used in my datamart model.  For each reference table I created, I appended the name with "_REFERENCE".  For example, dataflow A created a query called "DATA1" and the reference query was named "DATA1_REFERENCE", etc.  

2. I just went in and systematically disabled the load for each of the original queries.  I did this in order of how they load.  For example DATA1 was the first query to load, then DATA2, then DATA3 and so on.  

--> I found that when I just disabled the load for DATA1, then I would get the duplicate table name excecption for DATA2 (which was next-up in order of the dataload).  When next I tried to disable DATA1 and DATA2, I would get the duplicate table name exception for DATA3 (the next-up table in order of the dataload). 

3. After disabling the load for all original queries that had been referenced, and clicking save, I received another error which is a bit less descriptive, as follows: 

Wrapping things up

OperationCanceled
  • ErrorMessageThe current operation was canceled because one or more operations failed.
  • HttpStatusCode400
  • Activity ID
  • Request ID
  • Status code500
  • Error CodeOperationCanceled
  • Batch ID25247b45-3906-4df4-a43e-f1167a94cfb6@647fa1d8-abf4-4b7f-8d51-d6631e006c0b$2022-10-11T11:54:28.4417122Z@e916bf49-f5c7-432d-b58b-2876383577ee

Any help you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks.  

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @cdizzle 

When you load the DATA1 and rename the query like "REFERENCE 1" , can you load the data successfully ? Maybe you can try to rename the query to judge whether it is a problem with the name 。

Best Regards,

cdizzle
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft - 

I was able to solve my problem.  To solve the problem I disabled the load of all referenced tables and I also selected the option to allow me to combine multiple datasets (becuase I was using joins across the reference tables).  I'm not sure which of these two changes resolved my problem, but it is resolved now nonetheless.  

Thanks for your help.  

Cdizzle

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @cdizzle 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,