Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Drill through to Paginated Report - Power BI Report Server

Issue with URL encoding in Power BI Report Server Jan 2022

URL Entered

https://reportserver.mynet.local/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fMy+Folder%2fUCD&rs%3aCommand=Render

What I get when clicking on link

https://reportserver.mynet.local/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fMy+Folder%2fUCD=&rs%3aComma...

Why do we get an "=" we didn't ask for 

Happening on two separate report servers (Dev and Prod)

Hi @JPM ,

I don't quite understand your question, are you referring to the fact that you did not successfully complete the drill through on Power BI Report Server or are you just wondering why this "=" appears?

Please check if these article helps:

Add a drillthrough action on a paginated report - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Report Builder...

Drillthrough reports in a paginated report - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Report Builder | Mi...

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @JPM ,

I don't quite understand your question, are you referring to the fact that you did not successfully complete the drill through on Power BI Report Server or are you just wondering why this "=" appears?

Please check if these article helps:

Add a drillthrough action on a paginated report - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Report Builder...

Drillthrough reports in a paginated report - Microsoft Report Builder & Power BI Report Builder | Mi...

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

JPM
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

The drillthrough fails as the addition of the equals sign makes the URL invalid and it lands me at the /Reportserver root folde , it looks to me like a URL encoding error in power BI as I can copy and paste the URL in to Edge and the report opens with no issues.

Given that an "=" is documented in the URL Access Parameters reference as

URL Access Syntax

URL requests can contain multiple parameters that are listed in any order. Parameters are separated by an ampersand (&) and name/value pairs are separated by an equal sign (=).

The fact that my URL doesn't work when a equal sign appears in the wrong place isnt really suprising