Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Deselection of Visual not working

Hi,

Recently, deselecting a selected Point or Bar in a Visual does not work if there is "Concatenate labels" off on the x-axis. We discovered the bug on different customer environments and in Power BI Desktop and Service.

visual-deselection-bug.gif

Thanks for addressing the bug and Cheers,

M@ias

Hi @math87698,

May I know whether this issue keeps happening or appears on occasion? During my first time, I do reproduce this issue. But when I retest it, it goes away and couldn’t be reproduced any more.

If you still have this issue, could you please let me know the version of your Power BI Desktop? Are you using the latest version(Version number: 2.105.923.0 64-bit, May 2022: Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center)? If you are using older versions, please try with the latest version firstly and let me know whether it will appear again. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @math87698,

May I know whether this issue keeps happening or appears on occasion? During my first time, I do reproduce this issue. But when I retest it, it goes away and couldn’t be reproduced any more.

If you still have this issue, could you please let me know the version of your Power BI Desktop? Are you using the latest version(Version number: 2.105.923.0 64-bit, May 2022: Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center)? If you are using older versions, please try with the latest version firstly and let me know whether it will appear again. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

math87698
Regular Visitor

Hi Team_Caiyun

Thank you for investigating the case. The issue has been discovered with the current Power BI version. However in newly build Reports on our on environment I couldn't reproduce the bug, but on multiple customer enviroments I bumped into the issue.

I guess it could be an issue with longer existing reports versus new created reports.

Cheers,

M@ias

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @math87698,

Here is a new version of Power BI Desktop, could you please ask the customers to try with it? 

Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center

vcazhengmsft_0-1654758118314.png

Best Regards,

math87698
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

Thank you for the heads up. Unfortunately it still doesn't work with the new version. There might be some inconsistencies with the concatenate label on the x-Axis, since it does not properly group values <Year> -> <Workday> but it does work with the sorted field <MonthName>. But in this case the deselection does not work.

Cheers,

M@tias