Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Date Axis Displays AM and PM when format only Date

Hi,

When I have a Date column added to a chart and the number of data points are below a certain level the data starts to show as date-time i.e it shows AM and PM with the Date this happens in line charts particularly, is this by design or can it be avoided but still keep the axis dynamic in the display of dates?Am and PM.png

Hi @DiggerBaker ,

Hi @DiggerBaker ,

No official articles were found to support this view.

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @DiggerBaker ,

Please check the format of your [Date] column in column tools.We guess that a time exists in your [Date] column.
In this case, it is recommended that you separate the Date and Time columns via the Power Query Editor, removing the Time column and keeping only the Date column.
Then format it in the Modeling tab. You may click on the column and then go to column tools and change the format of the column to just show M/d/yyyy or whatever format you need.

Best Regards,

DiggerBaker

Hi Caitlyn, Support,

Thanks for getting back to me on this, the date column all the way from the DB that I am using is only Date

DiggerBaker_1-1647352884870.png

and the format is a date, within the PowerBI report.

I also tried using the 'From Date & Time' option to create a Date Only column but I still get the same result.

If I do use the formatting option then I lose the ability for the date to be dynamic i.e. showing years, months, or days when space allows, so I still have the same issue of AM and PM when space allows.

So I still see the AM and PM do you have any other options please, or is this by design?

Cheers

James

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @DiggerBaker ,

Hi @DiggerBaker ,

No official articles were found to support this view.

Based on the above information, if you are a Power BI Pro licensee, you can create a support ticket for free and a dedicated Microsoft engineer will come to solve the problem for you.
It would be great if you continue to share in this issue to help others with similar problems after you know the root cause or solution.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,