Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataset Refresh Issue. Dataset requires gateway

HI, I have a couple of Desktop files which when published to service, the dataset doesn't refresh as it requires a gateway. eventhough it's all cloud sources. I have created several other desktop files in the past with the same query structure and none of them has had any issues. Below is the error message as well as screenshot showing all cloud sources (The web sources are route to sharepoint files. I have masked the hyperlinks)

Refresh failed because this dataset requires a gateway. Please select a gateway from dataset settings.

Is it okay to post the Activity ID, Request ID and Correlation ID here??

TonyGu_0-1693936225236.png

TonyGu_1-1693936321155.png

Hi @TonyGu ,

I am so glad to hear that you have fixed your issue . I will change the status to "Delivered".

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu

Comments
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @TonyGu ,

Why not use the Power BI Desktop built-in SharePoint connector?

Best regards,

TonyGu
Helper I

Hi Binbin Yu, 

My bad, I'm using the Excel Workbook connector, but using the sharepoint link so it stays as cloud source. I've cloaked the org number and file path, but looks something like this on desktop 

TonyGu_0-1694015872662.png

I could use the Sharepoint connector where it goes to the root folder and I can naviagte into the relevant directory from there. But would have to change quite a few desktop files. I have several others that are working right now, would I have to change those as well? 

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @TonyGu ,

I'm a little confused about your needs, Could you please explain them further?

Best regards,

TonyGu
Helper I

Hi Binbin, 

I have changed all sharepoint sources into Dataflows to make things cleaner. Here is what it looks like right now 

TonyGu_0-1694543107024.png

Still dealing with the same issue.

Processing Error: There is no available gateway 

Request ID: 

828236f3-bfba-468a-a649-6fee2d36ae85

Alternatively, I have tried replacing all the POwer BI Legacy connectors with Power Platform Connectors and getting the same issue 

Processing error: There is no available gateway.
Request ID: f33f9453-2e30-4a63-862c-0d39aec59f31

TonyGu_0-1694623559597.png

To Clarify my previous statement, I have several datasets on the service that are using the Excel Workdbook connector. These refresh without issue. It's only the new datasets I'm publishing to new workspaces that are suddenly having this problem. So I was wondering what the root cause was and whether the older datasets would need to be updated?

TonyGu
Helper I

I jus thad to map my cloud sources to Personal Cloud Connection. It's working now. You can close this ticket if you wish. Thanks

v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @TonyGu ,

I am so glad to hear that you have fixed your issue . I will change the status to "Delivered".

Best regards,