Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataflow error - enhanced compute engine error on PPU workspace

Hello,

Receiving the following error when authoring a dataflow that uses computed entities on a PPU workspace:

Computed tables require Premium to refresh. To enable refresh, upgrade this workspace to Premium capacity, or remove this table.

drscott1_0-1667904691364.png

Why does it mention Premium capacity when the documentation clearly states computed tables are supported with a PPU license?

Premium features of dataflows - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

"Dataflows are supported for Power BI Pro, Premium Per User (PPU), and Power BI Premium users. Some features are only available with a Power BI Premium subscription (which is either a Premium capacity or Premium Per User (PPU) license)."

drscott1_1-1667904081421.png

I have been assigned a PPU license.

Thank you,

Daniel

Hi @drscott1 ,

From the information you provided, it appears that the workspace is indeed located in the premium capacity.

So be sure to check the code and make sure you are not linking an entity from another workspace that's not premium.
You might need to edit the dataflow and save it again to check if it save it again on the dedicated storage in order to refresh.

If the refresh fails, rise a ticket for support. If it runs succesfully then you are ready to go.

I hope that make sense.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @drscott1 ,

From the information you provided, it appears that the workspace is indeed located in the premium capacity.

So be sure to check the code and make sure you are not linking an entity from another workspace that's not premium.
You might need to edit the dataflow and save it again to check if it save it again on the dedicated storage in order to refresh.

If the refresh fails, rise a ticket for support. If it runs succesfully then you are ready to go.

I hope that make sense.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

patrickpel
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. I have a workspace in Premium capacity with my PPU license, but I cannot create computed entities. 

Any solution yet?