Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Custom Label doesn`t work

Hello,

even when I click Custom Label "On", the Field box stays grey/inactive.

Custom Label.jpg

Please, advise.

Thank you.

Hi @Damon_BI 

Which visual did you use ? What is your Service version ? Or can you provide a sample for reference ? 

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Damon_BI 

Which visual did you use ? What is your Service version ? Or can you provide a sample for reference ? 

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

TinGibson
Regular Visitor

I have the same issues like Damon with clustered bar chart, I cannot insert measure to custom label, it's dimmed. I'm using power bi desktop version 2.122.746.0 64-bit (October 2023). 

TinGibson_0-1698123909016.png

Please help to fix this issue soon. I might be use this function frequently. Thanks.
TinGibson.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue with clustered and stacked column and bar charts. Line charts work fine. The only visuals that allow me to add a custom label to columns are the line & clustered column and line & stacked column combo charts.
I'm using desktop Version: 2.122.746.0 64-bit (oktober 2023).

illeke612
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue. The field section remains greyed out in most of the visuals.
I tried several bar and cluster charts all facing the same issue.

As mentioned by DAXterMorgan: "The only visuals that allow me to add a custom label to columns are the line & clustered column and line & stacked column combo charts."
This is also true according to my testing.

chayaphon

Hi,
Im facing same issue today 25/10/2023, please help fix this asap please....
Power BI Desktop from Microsoft Store - Version: 2.122.746.0 64-bit (October 2023)

it happend to all clustered and stack chart.

chayaphon_0-1698238465534.png

Vhall
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing this issue as well, specifically on clustered bar chart visuals.

Some visuals already had custom labels applied pre-update, and those still display, though the field for "Field" is still greyed out (though it shows the field that is there) so I can't change them if needed.

I am also unable to add custom labels for visuals that did not already have them:

Vhall_1-1698258052646.png

Edit to include version info: Version: 2.122.746.0 64-bit (October 2023)

hstewart
Frequent Visitor

I've tried it on clustered columns and on line chart.  The choice for Custom Labels is there but the part where you select the label measure is greyed out.

marike

I have same problem with different charts after last update.

jack555
Advocate I

I have the same problem. it worked in earlier version but not now.

Version: 2.122.746.0 64-bit (October 2023)

jahmed525
Frequent Visitor

I am also having the same issue as OP.

For a Cluster Bar chart, the Custom Labels funtionality is not working in oct 14, 2023 update. Version # 2.122.746.0.

Its greyed out and toggling the button on/off does not do anything.

Re-creating a brand new visual (Cluster Bar chart) and toggling the Custom label button to "On" does not allow to add new custom labels as it did in the previous verisons.

Checked the known bugs page but nothing specifically for a Cluster Bar chart. Very confusing.

If anyone has any ideas, would appreciate some guidance on how to fix.

For an existing visual when PBI desktop was updated to version # 2.122.746.0

I cannot even remove the measure in the custom label box for an existing visual. Just greyed out and disabled.

jahmed525_0-1698326022671.png

For a brand new visual created from scratch

jahmed525_1-1698326038143.png