Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Custom Label doesn`t work

Hello,

even when I click Custom Label "On", the Field box stays grey/inactive.

Custom Label.jpg

Please, advise.

Thank you.

Hi @Damon_BI 

Which visual did you use ? What is your Service version ? Or can you provide a sample for reference ? 

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
jack555
Advocate I

I raised a support ticket with Microsoft. They acknowledged the issue and assured to come back but not yet. I believe they are aware of the issue and not fixing it with priority. My assumption is that, they may release a fix in the November release, 2 more weeks to wait. 

jack555
Advocate I

Update : Turning off preview feature On-Object interaction solves this problem as suggested by Microsoft support. Hope that this bug may be fixed in the upcoming November or December version. Time being please try with On-Object interaction off. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi  @Damon_BI 

You can try the workaround provided by @jack555 and see whether the custom label can work normally .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

naledi_h
Helper I

On-Object interaction was not on for me in the first place. I tried turning off all other preview features (except the two that I need for the workbook, shape maps and new cards) and restarted Power BI Desktop. It did not resolve the issue. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me - I've never used on object interaction

• I've enabled it and tried again
  • I then disabled it and tried again

Same result as before with this feature no longer working

AteeqSundhu
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft  quite alarming to see a representative of a very big Analytics solution is having this kind of petite issue un-resolved till date and above that thier CST trying to guide customers thay try a workaround......very disappointed.it should be rectified ASAP.

AmandaRiveraMS
Employee

For folks who aren't using On-Object, please download the November release that came out earlier this week. The bug should be fixed. If you still see it after confirming in the November release, please let us know. 

For folks who are using the On-Object preview feature, we're still working on a fix. In the meantime, there are two potential workarounds. You can either temporarily remove the field on the legend, set the custom label, and then add the legend field back in, or disable the On-Object preview feature. 

Tereza1234

@AmandaRiveraMS 

I have started to see issues with the custom labels only now when I updated to the December version. 

My report has custom labels and they were working perfectly both in desktop and service until I updated. 

Then the custome labels were simply gone. I added them again with no issues in desktop, but when I save or deploy the report the custom labels are gone again so I cannot get them to our users.