Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Content column will not expand into transform file, independent of file/file type

All,

I apologize if my terminologies are inccorect.

For about 4 months now, our company has been using power query/dataflows. We expand mostly csv files and have succesfully for awhile now. About 16-20 days ago we became unable to expand the content column and create a "Sample file".

jpcrjbball_0-1646939603949.png

When we click the down arrows in the content column, we get this error.

jpcrjbball_1-1646939604144.png

This error is independent of the file. We have tried multiple csv files and text files of different formats. We are continually getting this error. The queries/dataflows that are currrently built and utilize this function, are refreshing fine. We are not able to build any new queries/dataflows with new sources.

The expand table function works fine in the desktop app for the same exact csv/text files. We are accessing an azure blob storage container and this also works fine for already built dataflows and for the desktop app.

This seems to be an issue isolated to power query/dataflows. We are trying to find workarounds, but have had no luck so far. 

It is very strange to us that the exact process has worked for months and all of the sudden, the exact same code from the advanced editor will not accomplish what it previous has. 

Thank you for any time and effort you expend helping us out.

Hi @jpcrjbball ,

May I know which connector you are using? Is this CSV file in your Azure Blob storage?

vcazhengmsft_0-1646977068938.png

Is there any error mentioned in the Mashup text box? Did you use on-premises data gateway as a bridge to build connection to your data source? If you connect with gateway, have you ever checked the logs of it to see whether there is any message in details recorded in it?

vcazhengmsft_1-1646977068940.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @jpcrjbball ,

May I know which connector you are using? Is this CSV file in your Azure Blob storage?

vcazhengmsft_0-1646977068938.png

Is there any error mentioned in the Mashup text box? Did you use on-premises data gateway as a bridge to build connection to your data source? If you connect with gateway, have you ever checked the logs of it to see whether there is any message in details recorded in it?

vcazhengmsft_1-1646977068940.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun