Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Conection timed out; data import timed ot

I am having trouble with Power BI desktop because conection is timed out, and on service dataset cant refresh with similar message data import timed out.

MilicaPavlovi_0-1644258583190.png

Whether it could be related to the data size of the report, have you tried to use the same data source with few data to load into Power BI Desktop and refresh it successfully?

For import mode, there is 1GB limitation in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Which data source you have used in this report, if you are connecting to some databases like SQL Server, Oralce etc., you can try to set Command timeout in mintues in Advanced options manually to check whether it could work in Power BI Desktop.

vyingjl_0-1644284729949.png

For Power BI Service error, you can consider sharing more details about Technical Information in the refresh mail.

Best Regards,

MilicaPavlović
Advocate I

@v-yingjl

Tehnical informations are below

Cluster URI:WABI-WEST-EUROPE-B-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:488134cb-ee21-43ff-942a-c6c60aedaa45
Request ID:291ca946-b6b6-4ea2-8595-ffd69250f1ad
Time:2022-02-07 08:19:37Z

Similiar message shows when I try to save pbix in desktop. Working on it last minutes, and I get message

and my file freezes.

My refresh has been successful later, so I now have problem with file in desktop.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Whether it could be related to the data size of the report, have you tried to use the same data source with few data to load into Power BI Desktop and refresh it successfully?

For import mode, there is 1GB limitation in Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,

MilicaPavlović
Advocate I

@v-yingjlYes, another dataset based on same dataflow refreshs without problem. This dataset has a one excel table. I noticed that connecting with excel file in deskop is too long , and sometimes I cant import excel. Maybe that is problem.