Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Condittional formatting table using measures

Hi to all,

When using a measure on a table and turning on condittional formatting based on the value of the measure the condittional formatting is not working properly until adding more levels of detail to the table.

Believe that the context used on tables is different than other visual since when making the same conditionnal formatting on a card it works properly.

summarizing a single measure on a table does not allow condittional formatting working properly, on other visualizations works correctly.

check the posts below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Conditional-formatting-not-working-on-measure/m-p/623032/hi...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Conditional-Formatting-Quirks/td-p/928821/highlight/false/p...

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@MFelix ,

I have made a simple "Color switch" measure as below and it works well in table visual. Could you please some sample data and give the condition measure? 

Capture.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

MFelix
Super User

Hi @v-yuta-msft 

The visualization you have is correct however if you make it without any Key agregattion the condittional formatting will not kick in.

The example was made on one of the post based on forecast and budget values if you want to have only the values without year details you will not get the condittional formatting.

If you check the PBIX file I have attached in this post and take out the year from the table you will see that the condittional formatting does not kick in however in a card visualization works properly.

condittional formatting.png

Looking at the data if I'm checking the value of the Forecast Variance even if I don't use the year should return a condittional formatting even if there is no year on the table as it occurs in the card visualization that get's it's context from the slicer.