Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Composite Model Refresh Error Post-Feb 2022 Update

Since the last Power BI update, I've been getting the following error message when attempting to refresh a composite model report:

"Sequence contains more than one matching element". 

When someone with the Dec 2021 version of the report attempts a refresh however, it works perfectly fine.
Any advice on how the update may have cause these problems, and what possible solutions exist for this?

The workaround is to delete existing queries and re-add everything.

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @RossWNA ,

I actually used the composite model to refresh in the latest version of Power BI Desktop and it worked fine.
During my investigation, I found that there were other people who had the same problem as yours, but there seems to be no better solution, and the workaround they chose was to delete existing queries and re-add everything.

You can refer to the following thread :Error Retrieving Power BI Service sources: sequence contains more than one matching element 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

The workaround is to delete existing queries and re-add everything.

technolog
Super User

In my case, I just found one of the freshly added measures via Tabular Editor that was breaking the update. Removed it from the report. Added it again with a different name and everything worked.

Finding that measure was a matter of successively deleting measures until the update worked.

Also from the recommendations I've seen:

Check for Duplicate Elements: Ensure that the data or elements you are querying do not contain duplicates when they are not supposed to. This is often the case when you expect a unique identifier but find multiple entries with the same identifier.