Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't update latested Power BI version. Windows Installer not respond

Hi All,

I have been using and updateing Power BI since 2 year ago. And never had any problme with it. Now I'm trying to install the latest version and the windows installer froze. I have done all kind of thing to reestablish windows installer and I cannot have succes. Had anyone have had the same probleme? I'll apreciate your help.
I dont want to go throught installing and updating windows and all the aplications that I have.
Thanks in advance.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@CaRubioV

Is there any error message when the installation fails? If yes, could you please provide a screeenshot for it?

And you can also go to Event Viewer to see if there is any error or warning message generated when the installation fails in Windows Logs - Application and System.

Please also make sure the that installer is not blocker by any antivirus software.

If you are using Win10, have you tried to get Power BI Desktop in Microsoft store? In that way, you will not always need to download the new version monthly and it will be updated automatically by itself.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

CaRubioV

After a long time (may be after a hour) there is a message of "Windows Installer not Longer responding" and that's all, then installation is aborted.

CaRubioV

Herbert,

I want to thank you for your help but I have decide to reintsall Windows 10 Pro since I had lost a lot time traing to solve the problem.

Thanks
Best regards

Venkatpro16

Hi..

I am facing an error while installing Power BI desktop version. Please see the screenshot attached.Screenshot_1.jpg