Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Bug Filter Dropdown in Online Version

Hey,

when using PowerBI Desktop and implementing a Filter with Dropdown List ( a lot of possible data) and publish it to the online version there is often the issue, that the filter is shown as a list and not as as a dropdown.

Can anyone help or has the same issue?

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Rotergnom2,

I am unable to reproduce this issue in Power BI Desktop July release. Do you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.60.5169.4101)?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

mw_are

I encountered the same issue. When the filters are in desktop environment, the dropdowns work. Once I published to App/Online, couple of them will revert back to list. I tried to change them online and updated to app. They still reverted back to list, not dropdown. The weirdest part is only couple of the filters acting up, not all of them.

Desktop view

2019-01-11_11-03-16.png

App view

2019-01-11_11-07-22.png

JuliaStuetzer

I have the same described problem. Filter visuals that are set in Power BI Desktop and in the online report, in the workspace, by dropp down are displayed in the app as a list. Is there a solution to the problem?

ElenaPGV
Regular Visitor

I also have a similar problem. I hope someone can help.

Pic from the Power BI report.

ElenaPGV_0-1616677471805.png

Pic from the Power BI App

ElenaPGV_1-1616677606892.png

Is there a solution to the problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue. This needs resolution!