Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Azure Map auto zoom does not work when bubbles span the antimeridian

If data points span the anitmerdian, then the Azure Map automatic zoom does not well.  For example for New Zealand locations, which includes the Chatham Islands.  Typically the longitude for NZ main islands go up to +178 and Chatham Islands are across the antimeridian at around -176

When the auto zoom is used on the Azure Map visual it centres the map at around -1 longitude, and is then very zoomed out.  Ideally it should centre around -179, and be much more zoomed in

This zooming works fine with the previous Power BI Map Visual.

Hi  @TomShanley ,

Thank you for your feedback, I would like to know more details about this issue.
For example:
1. Does the problem appear in both Power BI Desktop and Service? What is the version you are using?
2. Can you provide some screenshots or sample pbix to show the issue in more detail? (Please be careful not to include sensitive information)

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
TomShanley
Frequent Visitor

we can't migrate any maps to Azure Maps for our New Zealand clients  until this is fixed

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @TomShanley ,

Thank you for your feedback, I would like to know more details about this issue.
For example:
1. Does the problem appear in both Power BI Desktop and Service? What is the version you are using?
2. Can you provide some screenshots or sample pbix to show the issue in more detail? (Please be careful not to include sensitive information)

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

TomShanley
Frequent Visitor

In the Power BI desktop - I've selected some longitudes that span the antimeridian.  The top left is the existing Map visual, which zooms nicely.  The bottom right is the Azure map which centres to the Atlantic, and you have to stretch it wide to see any data points:

TomShanley_0-1690145763360.png

Same behaviour in Power BI service online:

TomShanley_1-1690145964444.png

TomShanley
Frequent Visitor

I'm using the latest Power BI desktop (July 2023) on Windows