Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Auto rename column in Table View when click on column

Dear all,

I have suddenly experienced an issue where whenever i clicked on one of 'Calculated Column A' in Table View , and then click another 'Any Column B', my Table will be randomly renamed into the name of Column B and mess up all my data. 

If the column name is already used, it prompts an error message prevent my table to be renamed into the column name. 

Please find below sample for the error reproduced. 

Would appreciate for help as it keeps messing up all data and unable to undo without restarting Power BI Desktop, this issue is really troublesome as you cannot undo the action and all your data will be error even you rename back to correct column.

Thanks in advance!

2024-02-1911-47-56-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif

Hi  @khacwee 

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Kasparas
Regular Visitor

I got the same issue... 

ARojo

Same here!!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @khacwee 

What is the version of Desktop you are using for testing? Did this problem happen out of the blue? Have you done any updates?

Best Regards,

EvyD
Regular Visitor

Hi

Same issue as in the post from @jdmontes  . You can find additional info there that may be useful. 

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/Recurring-Renaming-Prompt-for-Calculated-Columns-An... 

Best Regards

Evy

khacwee
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

Thanks for the response, however those issues facing by other users seems not yet to be resolved as well. I tried to reproduce the bug and it only happens in Table View after u clicked another column header from a calculated column header, regardless left or right click will randomly rename ur table or column and cause your data to mess up.

Hopefully will have update on the bug soon.

timalbers
Advocate V

I am experienceing the exact same behaviour.
Version: 2.126.927.0 64-bit (Februar 2024)

Happens only when selecting calculated columns in the table view.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  @khacwee 

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,

timalbers
Advocate V

Thank you for your efforts, @v-yetao1-msft !