Users starting reporting that their Analyze in Excel feature is not working anymore in Power BI. The organization is heavily dependent on the reports and due to this feature being stopped working, we are facing severe issues. Please help any MSFT member.RegardsNaqash
Could you please provide the screenshot for the not working scenario? We may able to provide a temporary workaround according to the specific error message.
I am having similar issues whereby Excel spreadsheets can no longer connect to PBI service. It has started happening to my spreadsheets sometime in the past month but I cannot say what was the trigger. In my case I am using Excel 2016 standalone so it's not just about Office 365.
There is a community post that seems to address this but I'm not sure what action is being taken ... http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Excel-not-conntecting-to-BI-Models/idc-p/296352#M16983
My comment on Sat 4th Nov describes the result I'm seeing when I try to connect to the service.
This is becoming extremely urgent as we have around a dozen spreadsheets that depend on sourcing data via the live connect to PBI Service.
best regards, Garry
Thanks Herbert but no luck there.
I am using 64 bit Excel. The adal.dll was indeed the "bad version".
Installed the MS Analysis Services stuff, copied the new adal.dll across and checked that it was the new version as you instructed.
I opened Excel to a blank page. On the Power BI tab I logged out of my connection and logged back in just to be sure. Tried with "Connect to Data" to connect to an existing dataset, and I still get this error:
We have also had this problem when using 64 bit Excel. We have found that the issue is the following DLL file. If you use the most recent version it seems to create issues. Roll back to an over version of the DLL file and Analyse in Excel is fine.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\VFS\ProgramFilesX64\Microsoft Analysis Services\AS OLEDB\140
Thanks dcresp, I had actually been working with the older version of adal.dll, and I upgraded it to latest version per Herbert's advice earlier in this thread. But that didn't work for me and of course neither did the old version.
However, I'm happy to report that the problem has now gone away. It seems to be related to Excel having been updated to build 1710. Not sure when this update was applied, but the connection to PBI Service is now working. (Build 1710 was reported on another thread as having rectified the problem).
Thanks to all for your help.
We have tried updating the DLL on another computer and this did not work. We also updated to 1710 and this has also not resolved the issue.
We had a computer that was working OK which was then updated to 1710 32 bit and it is now not working.
We are plannign to use Analyse in Excel as a core part of our modeling infrustructure but need it to be stable and working.
We have some computers where Analyse in Excel works perfectely and others that we can not get working. If anyone has any ways to resolve this it would be great to hear.