Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ALM using shared datasets - rebind problem

Hi,

I am exploring how shared datasets can be used in a full application lifecycle management cycle (development, test, production, ...). It sounds promising, but I'm encountering some problems related to rebinding from development to test/prod datasets.

I am using the "Reports - Rebind" API to reconnect a published report from the development environment (one Power BI model) to the production environment (another Power BI model). It works fine. However, when I use the Import API to overwrite the report with a new version it does not recognize that it is the same report anymore, refusing to overwrite it and creates a new report with the same name instead. 

In order to do a full development cycle using shared datasets this needs to work. Is this a bug that will be fixed or is there any other way to accomplish what I want?

Thanks,

Fredrik

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

A workaround is to rebind the report back to it's original dataset before doing the import again. It then can overwrite it.