Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Unable to rename dataflows

After creating a dataflow in the Power BI service and attempting to rename it I am prompted with a message stating:

Refresh page after saving to see the updated name.

Even after I select Save and try different browsers or have other admins check the dataflow it doesn't appear to have the name change. When I check it using the REST API it still has the old name as well. Does this happen to anyone else?

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

same, is not working

andyln33
Frequent Visitor

I just tried it minutes ago and it's now working as expected. (Name immediatley changes in the dataset list view and is persistent upon refresh)

GTS_ONE
Advocate II

Finally!!  Yes, working for me now, too

egbertdejong
Frequent Visitor

also here not working - seems to miss in menu like we see it for dataset. The whole experience copy / duplicate workflow could also be easier. 

egbertdejong_0-1634227365455.png

n3wb1e_01

Hey, same here

I am trying to update the dataflow name and it simply doesn't change even after refreshing the page.

haaglu
Regular Visitor

still not working for me

Hayeswise
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue.  The workaround I used was to export to json, edit the json file, and then uploaded the file via the workspace New menu item.

Steps:

1. From Power BI, view the workspace with the dataflow

2. Click the More Options icon on the row (the three vertical dots adjacent to the referesh icons)

3. From the context menu (see image in egbertdejong post above), select "Export .json"

4. Edit the json file - luckily the name and description elements are the first things:

{"name":"some flow name you want to change", "description":"some description you might want to change", ...}

Be sure that the file is saved with the .json extension.

5. From the Workspace, click "+ New v" and select "Upload a file"

6. From the "Discover content" page, select Local File or other appropriate choice. 

7. Select the file and load it.