Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Unable to Refresh Database Table in Power BI

I am using the free version of Power BI - Version: 2.40.4554.361 64-bit (October, 2016) - and very new to Power BI.  I have been unable to manually refresh an Oracle Database table in Power BI.  I made updates to a table in the Oracle DB (which was previously loaded as a Direct Import to Power BI) and then refreshed the data in Power BI but the changes I made are not appearing in Power BI.  I also created a new report and added this table as a Direct Query and the changes are still not showing up.  A co-worker of mine who is also using the free version of Power BI - (the September, 2016 version) - is not having these issues. 

Does the manual refresh not work with my version of Power BI?

Please help!  Thanks!

Comments
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
That is not the case. There are subtle differences in both the versions of PowerBI Service. I would suggest you to create a brand new PBI file with Direct Query connection and see if the issue persists.
Varmentr1
Regular Visitor

I did create a new PBI file with Direct Query Connection and had the same issue (see my original post).  Something is amiss.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Varmentr1

I just tried to get data from Oracle with DirectQuery. Once I commit changes in Oracle, I can see the change in Power BI Desktop after click the Refresh button.

What changes did you make for your oracle table?

Unable to Refresh Database Table in Power BI_1.jpgUnable to Refresh Database Table in Power BI_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert