Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Slicer with slider appears as check box in Power BI service

Hi,

I am using a slicer with slider in a report in Power BI Desktop as shown below:

desktop.PNG

But when I publish the report in Power BI service, it appears as checkbox as shown below:

service.PNG

Comments
apzaya
Frequent Visitor

Yesterday I upgraded my personal laptop to the most current version of PBI and after publishing all the slicers were working as sliders.   I upgraded my work desktop today and only 3 of the 14  slicers are working as sliders.    They are dates or percents.   None of the numbers are working ( number of accounts, number of months).    Publishing via the laptop does not create the sliders either.  

Very odd.  

pseiler
Regular Visitor

I too just published today, and the sliders based on Dates worked, while the numeric ones (Rank, Dollar Amounts, Percentile) didn't work. If you could fix this as soon as possible, that would be fantastic. Thank you! 

Cushwake_Daniel

I just uupdated to the latest version of Power BI yesterday, but now I'm having an old issue where the slider in the desktop version becomes a check box on the online version. My filters are all set to "Between" and the data series are all numbers. Can anyone advise or do I just need to wait for Microsoft to patch this?Slider Errors.PNG

tartar
Regular Visitor

I'm having this issue too...

Date slider is working fine, one of the numeric sliders is also ok, but 3 other numeric sliders are published as lists.  Please let me know what I can do to fix asap.  

sliders.jpg

bsamuelson
Regular Visitor

For others with this problem, it has been solved here: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Numeric-range-slicer-is-not-working-in-power-services/idi-p/2...

Essentially you need to force the mode of the slicer. In desktop it will default to the between slicer, but in the service it does not and does not allow you to select the preview slicers manually. So you have to manually change it to something else in desktop, change it back to between, then publish.

KrisW
Helper I

I just uploaded a PBIX with 2 slider slicers to Power BI service, slicers were converted to check box type. No wway to edit to enable slider functionality. No way to create new slicer (online) with slider functionality.

I read that:

• "Currently the numeric range slicer is only available in Power BI Desktop. If a report that uses the numeric range slicer is published to the Power BI service, the filter will still be applied but it will appear as a list slicer."

When will this be updated? Comes across as way cool, but my boss is NOT going to be happy to learn that this new filter I added only works on desktop.

bjoshi
Resolver I

Hi @KrisW

The soulution to your problem has been answered by @bsamuelson just before your comment. You could also find the answer in this page https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Numeric-range-slicer-is-not-working-in-power-services/idi-p/... as provided by him.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys. This helped me.