Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Secondary y-aixs won't hide anymore

With the March 2020 update my combo charts with a secondary y-axis won't hide any more. I had a bunch of charts built this way and two days ago after the udpate my secondary y-axis appeared on all of them and there was no way to hide them even when I turned off the y-axis. The only solution was to turn the font white. Can someone please fix this bug.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@jschmidt ,

I have made a test but could not reproduce this issue. Please check if the "Show secondary" option has been disabled and if the color of the secondary Y-axis has been set to white. The power bi version on my side is also 2.79.5768.663 64-bit (March 2020).

2.PNG3.PNG 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

jonasro4308
Frequent Visitor

@jschmidt  - same here.... very frustrating as this was not an issue from October 2019 release backwards... 

@v-yuta-msft  - this is occurring, for me, on the line/stacked bar charts.  Secondary Axis is turned off as is the Y Axis.   If I go in and turn on the secondary axis and then turn it back off, the line values fall to 0, making this chart useless.

Definitely something was broken since it used to work in both Desktop and Service dating back to October 2019 and prior.  I only started seeing this manifest in the Service in the last couple of months.

Not looking for a workaround (i.e. changing font color to match background) ... this needs to be fixed.

jonasro4308
Frequent Visitor

An interesting observation.... The Secondary access toggle (on/off) appears now to be independent of the Y Axis toggle....  Y Axis still needs to be enabled in order to set any formatting items for the secondary axis, but now you can toggle the secondary axis independent of the Y Axis...

Someone did this on purpose....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft 

This is very definitely a bug, and the workaround is not a full solution (especially as the behaviour is not the same as the desktop version - in fact a report I create on desktop that looks correct with no y-axes showing has the line axis re-appear when published to the Power BI service).

Perhaps you could not replicate the issue if you were trying int the desktop app, rather than the online service?

Interestingly the problem applies specifically to the line axis - when you turn of the y-axis only the column axis is removed, regardless of which side it is on, which would indicate to me that this is an oversight in coding the visual formatting (i.e. someone has correctly coded removing the first axis referred to, but forgotten about the possible second axis).