Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Powerbi Copy Visual icon not showing up

Hi

I am working in Powerbi and need to copy some visuals to canva to use in a presentation. However, the icon that I've seen that should normally appear to copy the visual as an image does not show up.

theneck_0-1710928695713.png

Can someone help me figure out why that is?

Best,

Danni 

Hi @theneck ,

The document you provided is an old blog from 2020, and since this feature has been updated, it is no longer a valid reference.

Sorry for I didn't understand your question correctly earlier.

copy an image of a visual from Power BI to your clipboard, and paste it into other applications (available in the Power BI service and mobile, unavailable in Power BI Desktop).

Copy and paste a visualization in Power BI. - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you would like to suggest feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is the right place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @theneck ,

Thank you for your feedback, I would like to know more details about this issue.
For example:
1. Does this problem only occur in a specific visual or does it occur in all visuals in the report?
2. Does the problem appear in both Power BI Desktop and Service? What is the version you are using?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

theneck
Regular Visitor

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Let me answer your questions:

1. It occurs in all visuals across different reports

2. I am using Power BI Desktop. Can't make use of service as the data I am working with is client senitive. I am using Version: 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024)

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @theneck ,

I did a simple test on the version you provided and it behaves normally.
The option to copy visual is not in the header icon of visual, you can try right clicking anywhere in visual to see if the indicator bar below appears, hope this works for you!

vxiaoyanmsft_1-1711013744725.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

theneck
Regular Visitor

Hi

I am thrilled that it works on your machine but that does little to nothing to help me out with my problem?!

And yes, you can copy visual like that but that is only internally within PowerBI. I need to copy it as an image to insert into a presentation.

To clarify: The problem is not solved.

What can I do to debug the problem? Should I try to reinstall Powerbi?

Is there someone else I can talk to that might be able to provide some more concrete help

theneck
Regular Visitor

I just noticed that in the image you sent me the icon in question is also missing!

The icon to copy a visual as an image is shown in the below image:

theneck_1-1711012997472.png

more info here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/it-ch/blog/announcing-copy-a-visual-as-an-image/

So when you say you've tested the version and it works, is that just a lie or do you simply not understand the problem I am having?

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @theneck ,

The document you provided is an old blog from 2020, and since this feature has been updated, it is no longer a valid reference.

Sorry for I didn't understand your question correctly earlier.

copy an image of a visual from Power BI to your clipboard, and paste it into other applications (available in the Power BI service and mobile, unavailable in Power BI Desktop).

Copy and paste a visualization in Power BI. - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

If you would like to suggest feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is the right place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn