Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI Desktop & LogOff: Error

When Power BI Desktop is running and the current user logs off, two errors are shown:

1st error1st error2nd error2nd error

I tested it on several machines both local and presentation server.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Sokon,

I’m not able to reproduce the issue on Power BI desktop 2.44.4675.521. Which desktop version did you run? How about the results when running the same desktop version as ours?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Sokon
Advocate V
Hi, heres some more Info. The tests i mentioned before were run on the January-Version of Power BI Desktop, versions being 32bit German and 64bit English on our Win7 company environment. To exclude effects of that environment (being Win7-OS and all other changes that might effect Power BI Desktop) I installed the current Version (march 2.44) on my private Win10-Desktop. I opened the Desktop, waited until the program window was shown. I didn't do anything (especially opened no Report) Then i logged off. While logging off, Windows showed the known message like "Power BI Desktop is preventing the log off". I then clicked "Cancel" and there were the mentioned errors, the first slightly changed since the last Version (saying "We're sorry. a Problem occured while Rendering the Report and the application must close"). So the only difference to the former tests is that the errors Show up instantly in the Company Environment, whereas on my private PC, i have to cancel the log off process to see them. By the way, I Keep clicking on the "send frown" button to send the Details. 🙂