Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue in Parquet connector in the November release

refresh not happeningrefresh not happening

Kindly address this issue resolution, I can't downgrade the application as well as there is dire need to use the new slicer in power bi which is available in the latest version only.

Hi  @rajarshi_singh 

I am so glad that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
powerbiuser1337
Regular Visitor

Looks like this DLL is missing from the November release, similar to this issue from February 2023: Problem with Parquet files. Unexpected error: Unab... - Microsoft Fabric Community

You have 2 options:

• Use an old version --> The easiest option is to downgrade to the October 2023 release and wait for Microsoft to fix it.
  • Add DLL manually -->  As this is not an option for you, you can follow the workaround showed in the other issue:
    • Install old (October) version
    • Copy the ParquetSharpNative.dll to somewhere for safekeeping. You can find it in the installfolder, the path could look like this: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin\ParquetSharpNative.dll"
    • Install the newest version
    • Copy the dll back into the folder

Hope this helps.

>> Microsoft Support: Please adress this!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @rajarshi_singh 

According to the error message, the dll file cannot be found. Follow the steps provided by @powerbiuser1337  to locate the dll file from the installation folder of your normally used Desktop and copy it to the installation folder of your Desktop.

vyetao1msft_0-1700619215690.png

Best Regards,

rajarshi_singh
Regular Visitor

The issue is resolved. Thanks @powerbiuser1337 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @rajarshi_singh 

I am so glad that your issue has been fixed . I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,