Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Incorrect Version of Power BI Desktop Download

According to the downloads page for Power BI Desktop (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494), the latest release is 2.102.622.0. When selecting to download PBIDesktopSetup_x64.exe (English), it downloads version 2.100.1401.0 - a previous version and not the latest version.

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

Problem description: Cx downloaded the latest version Power BI Desktop from Microsoft Download Center and found the version displayed in Desktop is wrong after installation.

ICM: 289626619

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
Bi2thelly
Helper I

I'm seeing the same thing. It also says it is the December edition even though I downloaded and installed the version dated 2/14/22.

Bi2thelly_0-1644939375811.pngBi2thelly_1-1644939403065.png

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi, 

If you have a problem upgrading the Power BI desktop from the web download link, I suggest you to uninstall the current version and install the Power BI Desktop from the Microsoft store, it will help you to automatically upgrade if there is a new version release:

https://radacad.com/power-bi-desktop-download-or-microsoft-store-app-which-one

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Bi2thelly
Helper I

I actually did the uninstall and reinstall when I first noticed the discrepancy. After the new install it did not change and the discrepancy remained.

beckajohns
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I prefer to control when updates are made so the Microsoft Store isn't a good option for me. Any updates?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

Problem description: Cx downloaded the latest version Power BI Desktop from Microsoft Download Center and found the version displayed in Desktop is wrong after installation.

ICM: 289626619

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,