Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Google Analytics V2 connector (GA4) not working for all tenants

Hello,

The Google Analytics V2 connector (GA4) is not working yet for all tenants although it was already marked here today as delivered by @v-yetao1-msft.

Could you please check this? The details of the erros that we still have are on the previous post.

Please vote this so it gets solved faster!

Thanks,

Best regards

update:

This issue will be fixed in a future release, there is no clear ETA for the fix at this time.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
JosCrdn
Advocate II

Hello,

@hawke@woofdog check this post, after updating to the version 2.118.828.0 the reported issue was solved. Not sure why this is not working for you with the July version 🤔

woofdog
Regular Visitor

We are currenlty on Version: 2.119.666.0 64-bit (July 2023). 

Should we install the 32 bit version instead?

JosCrdn
Advocate II

For me it's working with the same version: 2.119.666.0 64-bit (July 2023).

woofdog
Regular Visitor

Thanks JosCrdn

I have had had limited success also (using, now, the 32 bit version)

As long I have only one measure and one dimension, data will load successfully.

If, however, I add more than one measure or dimension, the load stalls with "Evaluating...".  One test threw this error " Evaluation ran out of memory and can't continue." (Is this the PBI Yellow Screen of Death - YSOD? 😊).

Our requirements drive us to have several columns of GA data (dimensions), this is not possible with this bug.  We are stuck.

JosCrdn
Advocate II

Check if this workaround with Dataflows works for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ojkmUHlJEs
If you ran out of memory, maybe you can try to limit the dates that you bring. Bring only the data after a certain date that you need more.

flyaway123
Regular Visitor

Tried to connect to a new GA4 source and got this error:

flyaway123_0-1690872379990.png

Previously, I could connect. However, we've shifted our GA4 account to a GA4 360 account. Not sure what is the issue here.

woofdog
Regular Visitor

The  issue continues to persist with PBI version Version: 2.119.986.0 64-bit (July 2023).

We are attempting to load only 5 columns of data ftom the (preview) 2.0 (GA4) API.  Items load successfully within Power Query, but when loading to the desktop the load state does not get past Evaluating.   This had halted our use of the API for any data.

Any assistance would be greatly apprciated.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

update:

This issue will be fixed in a future release, there is no clear ETA for the fix at this time.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

woofdog
Regular Visitor

Good news: We have had good success in loading GA4 data with Version: 2.121.644.0 64-bit (September 2023).

HOWEVER, we still have an issue loading City or Cityid metrics.  When attempting to load, as with the earlier case, the load will not get past the evaluating phase.  We have tried filtering by date and by other filters with no success.   Region and City are important aspects in our PBI reports.

Maybe someone else has overcome this issue, if so please chime in.

ReportGuru
Helper V

Hi @woofdog Seems like the 2.0 beta connector is still presenting some issues. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party tool. I've tried windsor.ai, supemetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options