Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Issue with localization of parameter prompts of paginated reports after update of Power BI Report

The localization of parameter prompts of paginated reports after update of Power BI Report Builder (2024 April)

works not properly after publishing in Power BI Service

IMPORTANT: The report must have more than 1 parameters

I configured my parameters prompts in this way.

Parameter name: ParameterId
Parameter prompt expression: =IIF(User!Language.StartsWith("en"), "Prompt-EN", "Prompt-DE")

The issue:
When I change the language in the url (language=en-us / language=de-de), the parameters are initialized correctly, but when I select any value from the dropdowns (EXCEPT the last parameter), the parameter prompts are reset to parameter names

Hi  @ICD 

You mentioned that when you select any value from the dropdowns (EXCEPT the last parameter), the parameter prompts are reset to parameter names , can you explain it in detail ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @ICD 

You mentioned that when you select any value from the dropdowns (EXCEPT the last parameter), the parameter prompts are reset to parameter names , can you explain it in detail ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

ICD
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft !

Just for testing - I created a simple sample rdl file - with 3 parameters, without body: 

rdl file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14nkGB5IW8bFSB8uSS0l8Z6qLv7zSBebU/view?usp=drive_link

video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mRTurrBLGI-26yXlQtOiXANiagDMMquE/view?usp=drive_link

Parameter 1: BuildingId

Parameter 1 prompt expression: =IIF(User!Language.StartsWith("en"), "Building", "Gebäude")

Parameter 2: TypeId

Parameter 2 prompt expression: =IIF(User!Language.StartsWith("en"), "Type", "Art")

Parameter 3: FloorsCount

Parameter 3 prompt expression: =IIF(User!Language.StartsWith("en"), "Floors number" ,"Etagenanzahl")

When I change the language in the url (language=en-us / language=de-de), the parameters are initialized correctly, but when I select any value from the dropdowns (EXCEPT the last parameter), the parameter prompts are reset to parameter names

There is no problem with parameters prompt localization - if the report has only one parameter

If the number of parameters > 1 => problem: a resetting of parameters prompts after selection any value from the dropdowns (EXCEPT the last parameter)

Best regards!