Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Fabric data warehouse view saving error

When i create a view i am prompted to highlight the select statement in the sql editor. But after i have saved the view, An "Unable to save view" error message pops up constantly when when i try to enter anything into the SQL script editor.

The only way to fix this is to shutdown fabric and then sign in again and the error comes up again whenever i save another view.

Hi  @shaunmw 

Where did you create the visual? Can you describe the procedure in detail via screenshot or video?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @shaunmw 

Where did you create the visual? Can you describe the procedure in detail via screenshot or video?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

shaunmw
Regular Visitor

Hi Ailsa

I can create a view with no issue in Azure Data Studio. The issue is only in Fabric warehouse Explorer.

If i select a table and write any select query. like this:

shaunmw_2-1701092006089.png

If you try to save a view by clicking the "Save as View" button you are prompted with the error message here:

shaunmw_0-1701091818626.png

After this appears whenever you try to click anywhere on the editor, the same message pops up and the only way i can clear it, is to close Fabric down and then open it again.

shaunmw_1-1701091872933.png

As a i work around, I dont create views in Fabric data warehouse and just use Data Studio but that isnt ideal.