Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DirectQuery Not Working

We are using directquery reporting with SQL Server and up until the January updates, everything worked fine. Now this morning the directquery is not working (filters aren't working, error saying there are multiple databases, etc.). When I switch to "import' mode, everything works fine. 

Comments
Peter_R
Resolver II

As a confirmation, I tested one of our Direct Query (SQL Server) dashboards with the Jan update - same problem

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @dsynan,

It works fine in my test whether starting a new file or opening an existed file. Are there any other details?

1. What's the error message? Can you share some snapshots?

2. Where is the error message?

3. How can I reproduce it?

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

dsynan
Advocate III

@v-jiascu-msft Not sure how you would be able to reproduce it, but I see an issue that carries across from PBI Service to Desktop. One of my visuals based on a custom SQL Server query is not executing like it was previously. Not sure if it's clear in the pics, but the graph is pulling some data (time of event) but no longer is displaying the duration of the event. When I switch to data grid, you see the timeline events and also a total for the events, but nothing for individual events (yes, I checked the text color). I've tried replicating the visual from scratch in a new report, and I either get the same result or I get the multiple database error even when there is only one data source / query. 

On PBI desktop, I see the same issue as in service, but it won't let me refresh because I get the error for multiple DBs. however, the data loads when I open the file (minus the visual mentioned). There have been no changes to the files and/or queries and these issues only started with the most recent update. 

Pbi graph error 2.PNGPBI graph error 1.PNGPBI errors.PNG

dsynan
Advocate III

I just uninstalled the January version of Desktop and reinstalled the version from November. The issues I saw in desktop are corrected, however, the Service reporting is still not working like it should. I even republished my report to the service from the Nov version. 

Pbi graph error 3.PNGThis is what the graph should look like in Service and again, was working as expected until yesterday

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Sorry for the late reply, I have reproduced this issue. Please refer to this thread.

Best Regards,

Dale

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi All,

This issue has been reported to the Product Team: CRI 56497718. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi All,

There is a quick fix here. I have tested it. Please upgrade your Desktop.

Best Regards,

Dale