Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dataset Refresh Error

Hi, I've had rare success in dataset refresh from the PowerBi Service. This is the latest message I am getting and wondered how to resolve ? Something went wrong The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Cluster URI: WABI-UK-SOUTH-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 8ca7a34c-4bf8-487d-98a6-3eaa08c30a4c
Request ID: e4d0c944-fed0-53e7-7125-17716fdd943f
Time: 2022-10-31 20:39:07Z

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for the error message. Are you able to refresh properly in power bi desktop? According to the error message, the cause of your error that I have found is"CouldNotResolveSemanticQueryDefinition", It seems to be related to the query you have defined, you can check this. 

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for the error message. Are you able to refresh properly in power bi desktop? According to the error message, the cause of your error that I have found is"CouldNotResolveSemanticQueryDefinition", It seems to be related to the query you have defined, you can check this. 

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I can manage to refresh on the desktop version but not the power bi service. Does this mean the query is ok ?

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Re-examined cases with similar errors to yours and found that this issue is generally due to the mismatch between the model and the report.  

Have you tried creating new reports in the service using the same data set? Does it display the visual correctly? If not, try reconnecting to the data source and creating the report in power bi desktop, then republishing to the service to configure the refresh.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolved removed data set and republished in Power Bi Desktop. Thank-you.