Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Clustered Column chart visual not updating on workspace

Clustered Column chart visual not updating on workspace - when changing a slicer, the visual does not change. However if you click "Show as table" - in the focus view, the visual is still unchanged (ie. still wrong), but the table has the correct values - ie. the values do not match the visual values

This is the same on Chrome, Edge and Explorer

#1.

No.1No.1No. 1aNo. 1aNo. 2No. 2No. 2aNo. 2a

Comments
mikelum_au
Regular Visitor

Further information: This affects the "Line and Column chart" visual  (both clustered and stacked)

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@mikelum_au 

I tried the latest version to publish a report and all seem to be working fine. Clear browser cache and try again.

mikelum_au
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Thanks, for your response - I've tried re-publishing the report, and I've also refressed the report and reset to default - all to no effect.

The underlying datatable is changing and is correct, but the visualisation is incorrect...

KBedor
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue as @mikelum_au.  Also tried multiple browsers, refreshed, republished, reset to default, cleared browser cache, etc.  Any other suggestions?

mikelum_au
Regular Visitor

HI @KBedor 

- no further response from M$ as yet

- I've had to temporarily change the visualisations to Line Charts

- on further investigation, it seems to be caused when the whole underlying datatable/dataset is "changed", if it's a simple filtering of existing "rows" then the visual works as expected, but when all the rows are changed/replaced then the visual isn't updated

KBedor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @mikelum_au

Thanks for the update and the tip.  I changed the my visualizations to line charts as you suggested.  They work, but my user's aren't going to be happy about the change.  Hopefully we'll see a fix for this soon!