Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG when importing Date Fields from FABRIC Lakehouse to Power BI

Hi - I have a "Gold" Lakehouse in Fabric, in which I have a table called 'CREDIT_RETURNS'. 

As per below when viewing the table in both the 'Lakehouse' experience and 'SQL Endpoint' experience, it correctly identifies the 'Doc_Date' field as a date.

bmw1986_0-1692952226295.png

However, when I connect to the Fabric Lakehouse through Power BI, it shows the 'Doc_Date' as TEXT field and treats the field as if it is a TEXT field.

bmw1986_1-1692952226281.png

The behaviour is the same for all the data fields in all of my tables within the Lakehouse. However, it is recongising the numeric fields as numeric.

It does this both on the 'New Report' function on the Fabric Web Portal and on Power BI Desktop

I am able to get around the issue by asking the users to Import the data in the Power BI model however then I am not able to use the benefits of querying the Lakehouse directly./ Direck Lake

Has anyone else experienced this issue or does anyone know how it can be solved?

Hi @bmw1986 

So this problem occurs when you connect to FABRIC Lakehouse using a Direct query connection, right? When you open the Power Query Editor after you get the data in Desktop, do you see the query that changes the field type?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @bmw1986 

So this problem occurs when you connect to FABRIC Lakehouse using a Direct query connection, right? When you open the Power Query Editor after you get the data in Desktop, do you see the query that changes the field type?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

bmw1986
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft  - Thank you for your response

Yes the connection is a Direct Connection to the Fabric Lakehouse

When I open Power Query Editior for the Direct Connection to the Fabric Lakehouse, I am unable to apply any transformations or see the Lakehouse tables I have connected to

bmw1986_0-1693298319727.png

However, in Import mode, I can;

bmw1986_1-1693298360200.png