Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BUG: Shape>Style>Shadow not displaying in visuals when enabled in mobile/tablet

Hi, 

I have a visual that uses the Shape>Style>Shadow feature to display a status indicator. This works as expected when viewing the published report in Power BI Service on my computer. However, when I access it from my phone or tablet, the shadows don't display. I've tried editing the report within Power BI service from my tablet and can see that the feature is still enabled but it will not display.

View of the visual on my computer:

jmpbi5423_0-1689619423463.png

View of the visual from my phone browser (missing green status shadow):

jmpbi5423_1-1689619545683.png

This seems to be a recent issue as the shadow was correctly displaying before. I see that there is another route to add a shadow under General>Effects>Shadow, but this does not work well with the rounded corners of my metric card

jmpbi5423_2-1689619691658.png

Please let me know if there is any limitation to using the Shape>Style>Shadow feature when accessing from a tablet, or if there are any recommendations for workarounds.

Thanks!

Hi  @jmpbi5423 ,

"However, when I access it from my phone or tablet, the shadows don't display."

Please provide the operating system of your phone and tablet, and the version of Power BI.

We'll get back to the product team as soon as it's acknowledged as an issue.
Thanks in advance!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @jmpbi5423 ,

"However, when I access it from my phone or tablet, the shadows don't display."

Please provide the operating system of your phone and tablet, and the version of Power BI.

We'll get back to the product team as soon as it's acknowledged as an issue.
Thanks in advance!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

jmpbi5423
Regular Visitor

Hi v-xiaoyan-msft,

My phone (iPhone) and tablet (iPad) run iOS 16.5.1. I'm accessing Power BI service through the Safari internet browser as I am not permitted by our IT team to log into the Power BI app on a non-company device. Colleagues with approved devices are not able to see the shadows in the app either.

The Power BI desktop version is  2.116.966.0 64-bit (April 2023).

Thanks!

jmpbi5423
Regular Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft 

Any updates on this? Is this an issue Microsoft is working to fix?

Thanks,

John

jmpbi5423
Regular Visitor

Microsoft have resolved this issue