Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

visual error - This visual has exceeded the available resources.

My report was working fine and can see all visuals. But this morning one of the table visual can no longer load. Error message below:

This visual has exceeded the available resources.
Try filtering to decrease the amount of data displayed.

The filters were the same as before and I cann't really reduce it down. Curious anyone else is experiencing the same issue lately (so it's a PBI service issue)? Or if there are ways to solve this?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @v-yiron

Was the report within a premium capacity assign workspace? 

If it is, I would suggest you check your capacity Query Memory Limit settings (The maximum percentage of available memory in the workload that can be used for executing a MDX or DAX query. The default value is 0, which results in SKU-specific automatic query memory limit being applied.). Please try to increase this setting then run the report again. You can check RAM available for each SKU here

Otherwise, please download the report and open it in Power BI desktop, try to optimize the report based on this document

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

@v-qiuyu-msft How would it impact on the other reports in the same Premium workspace if I increase the Query memory limit to avoid such error? And what according to you would be the permissible limit in P2 capacity?

Regards,

Manisha.