Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

With every login to Power BI Service "start", "invite more friends" steps are shown? 10 extra click

I am trying to convince my workplace to implement Power BI instead of Qlik Sense (our current setup).

However, every time the uses log in they need multiple clicks to get rid of the "start" page, "invite friends" page and so on.

This annoying and slow way to get into Power BI service is really not usefull, when trying to get people to use Power BI Service.

Please help.

Let me know which information you need. User name, domain and so on?

You are almost ready1.pnginvite more people1.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In your scenario, please open IE Inprivate mode then type the URL https://powerbi.microsoft.com, click the Sign in button at the top right of the page to see if the same issue occurs.

If issue persists, please share the Power BI service account. Run Fiddler, repeat sign in steps and share .saz for our analysis.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Super, I will have a try.

I am not sure what you mean about "Run Fiddler"?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again,

Last friday I tried to login using IE and private browsing with to different logins (angna@flugger.com and jafal@flugger.com).

It did not work and during the weekend, they needed to go through the same steps as described before.

Today I run fiddle while angna@flugger.com tried to log in. You can find the saz-file in the following link -

Saz file from fitler.

Please let me know what I can do to get rid of these steps. 🙂

Bests,

Line

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I already sent email with your .saz file, will update to you once get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please open Fiddler, Tools -> Telerik Fiddler Options -> HTTPS, and enable HTTPS decryption like below, then repeat sign in steps to create .saz file, share it with us again.

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

We created a file yesterday, but this time angna did log in without all the steps. Again this morning both angna and jafal did log in without getting through the steps.

It seems to be solved. I will try to get a few more people to login today and see if they get directly to PBI service - I will keep you updated.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Glad to hear the issue is gone with those two accounts. If there is a issue with another account, please share the .saz with https encrypt enabled.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not hear of anyone with the issue - so it seems to be gone.

Did you do anything with the servive account, tenant or something else?

Anyway, thanks a lot. 🙂