Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Using undo (ctrl+Z) removes all visuals groups

Whenever I use Ctrl-Z (undo), all the groups of visuals I created in the Selection pane disappear and the visual orders gets is now completely random.

Any idea what might be causing the issue? I'm using PowerBI Desktop Version: 2.124.1805.0 64-bit (December, 2023).

Hi  @magoulet 

Fortunately, the newly created report does not have this problem. I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @magoulet 

No one has reported a similar problem at this time. I tried to restore the scenario you mentioned but failed, can you provide your procedure via screenshot or video for reference ?

Best Regards,

magoulet
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

I tried to replicate the issue in a new PowerBI file (don't want to post public pictures of a dashboard I'm building for work) and everything seems to be working fine. The document in which I'm experiencing the problem is quite large and was build a few years ago. Maybe there's a weird interaction somewhere that's causing the issue, but it'd be hard to identify.

Thanks for you help, perhaps the solution is simply to rebuild the dashboard in a new document.

Best,

Marc-André

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi  @magoulet 

Fortunately, the newly created report does not have this problem. I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,

magoulet
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft I was able to find the source of the problem. It is caused by unticking the following option in the option menu.

File -> Options and settings -> Options -> [Current File] Report settings

Under "Visual options", unticking the option "Use the modern visual header with updated styling options" makes it so that every undo actions ungroups the visuals and shuffles the order.

rowrowrow2
Frequent Visitor

@magoulet  nailed it. I was having this issue and that was the fix. Since it's in the 'Current File' settings, that's also likely why people were unable to replicate it in other, newly created dashboards on their system.