Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Username function not working in PowerBI Service and users are not able to access the dashboards

Hi all,

I am having some issues with the Row Security Level in PowerBI. 
I have 2 types of security levels enabled in my dashboard: 
- the first one to give access to the entire Region for some specific users -> eg. [Region] = "UKI"
- second one to give personalized access to the sales managers to view only the performance of their team -> eg. [Manager Email] = username().

These were functioning perfectly last week, and for the past months also, with no issues, users being able to access the dashboard and see the exact data they are intended to see. 
However, on Monday something has happened. The first profile is still functioning fine, but the second one with the personalized access is causing issues, and users are not able to see the data in the dashboard.

When testing the respective Role in PowerBi Desktop I am able to see the expected results, meaning for one particular sales manager the view I get is of his team.

Note: I have tried to replace "username()" with "Username()" or "userprincipalname()", still the same issue.

Is anyone else facing the same issue?
Any ideas for how to fix it?

Many Thanks in advance,

Carmen

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@CarmenCimpanu ,

I can use username() function in RLS successfully.

What error message do the users get when accessing the dashboard? What is the result when you use "Test as role" functionality in Power BI Service? Could you please make sure if these users are added as rolw members in Power BI Service?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info