Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Unable to access Power BI through Power Query

Hello,

I am attempting to use Power Query on data models I have created in Power BI. When I attempt to login to Power BI through the Power Query add - in, I am taken to a login page. I login using my work creditintials but the login screen says it is logging me out and I receive this error:

PowerQueryError.PNG

I am have Power BI Pro and Office 365. Currently I am using Excel 2010 version 14.0.7173.5000 (32-bit).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@zootsuitryan

I cannot repro the same issue on Excel 2016. You can try the solution in this thread to see if it works. If you are the admin to the tenant, you can also follow the instruction from this blog on how to assign a power bi license to their username.

Best Regards,

Herbert

zootsuitryan
Frequent Visitor

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for your reply. I have recently upgraded to Excel 2016 and am still having the issue. I tried to delete cookies and website data as the thread suggested but had no luck.

I do not have admin rights to O365 at my company - do you suggest I contact the admin to make sure this feature is enabled?

Thanks,

Ryan

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@zootsuitryan

Yes, you can contact the admin to check the options mentioned in above blog.

Best Regards,

Herbert