Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Specific color setting in expression based formatting stuck on default

When using expression-based formatting in a Map visual, the "specific color" option for blank values doesn't seem to work. I am using a color scale based on a measure with numeric values and "NA". The locations with "NA" do show on the map, but with the default blue color instead of the color that I have chosen in the "specific color" setting (in this case: white).

I was using a theme, but I have also tried it without a theme and the problem remains.
It is not just a map visual problem, the same happens in barplots.

I am using Power BI desktop version 2.124.2028.0 64-bit (december 2023).

Screenshot of the color settings:

Goudvink_0-1706802957495.png

Screenshot of the map (the bottom circle has "NA" value and should be white, but is blue):

Goudvink_1-1706803062725.png

Hi   @Goudvink 

I am so glad to hear that you have fixed your issue . I will change the status to "Delivered" so that other users with the same issue can deal with their problems via your workaround .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
Goudvink
Regular Visitor

I found a work-around that works for me, by changing the measure "NA" values to zero. Choosing the white color for zero values and the middle color of the color scale for values 1.

Goudvink_0-1706804856222.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi   @Goudvink 

I am so glad to hear that you have fixed your issue . I will change the status to "Delivered" so that other users with the same issue can deal with their problems via your workaround .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao