Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sharepoint dataflow connections refresh timing or taking alot longer than usual

Hi,

Recently all of my dataflows that connect to sharepoint lists as their data sources have started to fail the refresh because of a connection timeout after 30 minutes. This is happening to every dataflow we have that uses a sharepoint connector, even the very small data sources.

Error: DataSource.Error: SharePoint: Request failed: The operation has timed out Request ID: 8c5ea314-e747-4407-ba27-9cde41b38337 Activity ID: 7b194910-5641-479f-9a64-e486859150f0

We have not made any changes to the dataflows, but the refresh time went from completing within 10 minutes to now timing out and failing after about 30 minutes.
I got an on demand refresh to finally work yesterday but it also took nearly 2 hours to complete.
I have tried refreshing my data credentials, but that hasn't changed anything.

We really need this performance to go back to what it was becasue its impacting critical business reporting

Hi @jkah 

Do other data sources that are not SharePoint dataflow have such problems? Do you still take a long time to refresh dataflow manually now?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @jkah 

Do other data sources that are not SharePoint dataflow have such problems? Do you still take a long time to refresh dataflow manually now?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao