Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Row level security inconsistencies - bug/issue

I have a role set up in power BI desktop, which I published to the service. I tested a user's ability to see a report (using the test as role/view report as) when 1. given Viewer access, not assigned to role, 2. Viewer access and assigned to role, and 3. assigned to role no viewer access and everything looked the way I expected. But then when I remove this user as a viewer AND remove them from the assigned role, they are still able to view the report w/o any RLS. Even though they have no access. How does this happen?

Hi @tcloran 

You can troubleshooting by the following steps .

(1) Check whether the users in RLS role list .

(2) Check whether the users in the workspace that related to the report .

(3) Check whether it is in the report-related permission list in dataset => Manage permissions .

Ailsamsft_0-1654052653628.png

If none of your users are in these lists, they cannot access the report.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @tcloran 

You can troubleshooting by the following steps .

(1) Check whether the users in RLS role list .

(2) Check whether the users in the workspace that related to the report .

(3) Check whether it is in the report-related permission list in dataset => Manage permissions .

Ailsamsft_0-1654052653628.png

If none of your users are in these lists, they cannot access the report.

Best Regards,

tcloran
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft I checked each and the user (Kim Harrison-Esz) is removed from all 3. 

tcloran_1-1654097266251.pngtcloran_2-1654097284138.pngtcloran_3-1654097306596.png

Yet when I view the report as her, I can see everything.

tcloran_1-1654098176253.png

I will note, I had the same issue with another user yesterday and today it is no longer an issue for them. I had all access removed for him, but he could still see the report, and today he can't. I didn't do anything in between then. Is there a delay from when a user has their access removed to when it takes effect?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @tcloran 

If you are sure to remove this user from all permissions, try clearing your browser's cache, then log in again to view .

Best Regards,