Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Renaming report then downloading then uploading does not recognise it as the same report

I have a report which I renamed in the online service.  I then downloaded the report added a change, but when I reuploaded it instead of overwriting the old one it created a new instance and becasue of that doesnt allow me to update the content pacl.

Thanks

Chris

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Did you rename both of the report and dataset name? Please refer to my recorded video below, after rename report and dataset, have a refresh for the page and then try to download the PBIX file. In this way, I can overwrite the old one when republish.

If we do not refresh the page before downloading the PBIX, we will get a PBIX file which has the old name. Then after republish, the report and dataset will not be overwritten.

I've report this issue internally to Power BI Team: CRI 43813974. Please also let me know your issue is different with this one.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-haibl-msft

I am not sure if I refreshed the page.  No I only rename the report not the datastore.

Thanks

Chris

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Anonymous

Could you please rename the dataset and refresh the page after renaming to see if it can solve your problem?

Best Regards,
Herbert