Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Problems with field list in Desktop July 2020

With the latest update I have been having problems with the field list refreshing to correctly reflect the current state of the model. I have noticed this particularly using Tabular Editor to create new measures. While in the previous version, saving the model caused the field list in Desktop to update, this does not now happen consistently, meaning I have to do a full data refresh to see any new measures created this way.

There also seems to be a (possibly related) problem with renaming measures. On a number of occasions, the field list has retained the old measure name, though the Measure Tools and formula bar show the new one (see image below). The only workaround I have found when this happens is to delete the measure and recreate it with the correct name, which can be very disruptive.

pbi - Copy.PNG

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
jbaynhamUK
Regular Visitor

I have been using 2.11.7 since the latest version was released. While the initial problem with renaming measures dates back to use on 2.11.6, the issue with newly created measures not appearing without a data refresh is still occurring. I have yet to try with the August 20 update of Desktop.