Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Printing from service, font size, table borders behaving odd

When i publish a report to the service, the font changes, such that I have to manually resize the tables to show the text that fits in the desktop

When I print a report, I cannot find the "print background images" selection box in any other browser than chrome...

When I print the report in any browser, the tables and matrix borders are aither not appearing or new ones are appearing...

Nowhere does it look like the desktop/service screenview. (using "minimal" table style) 

(Firefox is the browser which seems to have the least problems with borders, but i cannot find the place to switch backgroud images on)

best regards

Mikkel

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mbrynildsen,

As stated from this article:

Things like scaling, margins, orientation, size are not controlled by Power BI. For help with issues like this, refer to the documentation for your specific browser.

The result you got when printing from the browser is expected. Instead of printing from browser directly, you can export to PowerPoint firstly then print from PowerPoint.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

mbrynildsen

update:

It did not work, I got the error

Unable to export to PowerPoint

We couldn't export your report to a PowerPoint file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

If I succeed (with the very long workflow desktop->service->download to powerpoint-> print...

, then I will possibly lose the page (a4)? 😞

"Pages in PowerPoint are always created in the standard 9:16 size, regardless of the original page sizes or dimensions in the Power BI report"

mbrynildsen

Update 2:

I was able to export successfully, but the resulting power point did not have background images, which is a big problem, since we would like to include the company logo.

/Mikkel

mbrynildsen

Update 3

The message from Microsoft Support is that it is not a Power BI issue/problem, therefore I should contact the respective browsers support teams.

For now the most efficient way to make a pdf from power BI is  to take a screenshot and paste this in to a document!

I hope the Power BI team improve the export to pdf capabilities soon.