Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI Online Line and Column Chart Tooltip Not Displaying

Hi,

I noticed yesterday that the tooltips that display values when hovering over the lines in both the line and clustered column chart and the line and stacked column chart are not showing in Power BI online. There looks to be no issue with the report in the desktop version. I have checked this against a couple of reports that I have and for all of them that have a line and column chart the values for the columns show up fine on hover but the values for the lines do not show in the Power BI online, but they are all working fine in the desktop version so it is nothing to do with the tooltips being turned off. 

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Hi  all ,

This issue has been fixed, please check your report and retry it!

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @josh_reynolds ,

I did a simple test but it didn't reproduce your problem.
Does the problem persist if you change browsers?
What is your Power BI Service version?

vxiaoyanmsft_0-1689746580496.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

josh_reynolds
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft, yes this problem seems to persist across browsers and on different Power BI areas using different accounts. It looks like in the screenshot you have just a line chart, these seem to be working fine, the problem is only with a 'line and stacked column chart' and the 'line and clustered column chart'.

I have even tested this by going to 'learn' and opening the Revenue Opportunities sample report, the 'Revenue and Opportunity Count by Month' visual has the same issue. I have shown below that hovering over the bars shows the values:

josh_reynolds_0-1689753657566.png

However, when you hover over the line in this chart nothing is showing up, as shown below: 

josh_reynolds_1-1689754117398.png

Peterdstraw
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft, we are also having the same problem. It's fine in desktop but does not work in service for any of our reports. We're on Service version 13.0.21171.50

DanAskerWBL
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue on line and clustered column charts, tooltips are only showing over the individual bars, and will not show for the line.

ramez-ln

User identified this last week, still an issue as of today. Adding a measure to the "Tooltips" section of the "Build visual" panel doubles the tooltip.

powerbi_issues

Hello,

We are encountering the same issues in our company.

A few days ago, this feature stopped working on the web version.

We have tried switching between different browsers, but the problem persists.

Do you have any updates on this?

Thanks.

not_sure
Regular Visitor

Having the same issue with my line graphs. They look fine on desktop but online it's a different story.

GaneshReddy643
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

We are experiencing the same issue on line and clustered column charts, tooltips are only showing over the individual bars, and will not show for the line.

But the tooltip is working fine in power bi desktop and it is not working in power bi service and web applications..

Please can any provide solution on this...

BTDCR
Frequent Visitor

EDIT: As of 8/1/2023 it started working again. Thanks PBI engineers and support!

Hi all, we are experiencing the same. It works on desktop, it's not working on online version. It's only happening for the bars + lines cluetered chart. It works fine on the  simple line chart. 

Phillip_Nelson
Frequent Visitor

Hi All - Experiencing the same issue as well. Works on the desktop, but not published online version. Both the Line and Stacked Column Chart and the Line and Clustered Column Chart appear to be the only ones affected.